Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
This course is aimed at professionals and graduates of the health, pharmaceutical, and econmic sector.
Months of entry
Entirely taught in English, the Online Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics at UPF Barcelona School of Management is official degree that will address the economics and management of health services and pharmaceuticals and at the same time provide you with the skills needed to professionally manage the health and pharmaceutical service provision of any administration, organization or health insurance agency, whether public or private.
Alongside a large proportion of international students, on the Online Master in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics you will learn to apply concepts, techniques and economic instruments to the main problems of resource allocation faced by administrations, insurance agencies and health organizations in providing healthcare and pharmaceutical care. You will also become familiar with the various agencies for evaluation of medical products and medical technologies, and the insurance agencies and consultancy firms that are connected to the sector.
The program is designed to complement the training of professionals with management responsibilities and graduates interested in acquiring the necessary skills to take on such responsibilities in:
- Hospitals, clinical laboratories and public and private health centres
- Public bodies responsible for managing and/or funding pharmaceuticals and health services
- Private insurance companies
- Pharmaceutical companies and companies related to the distribution of pharmaceuticals
- Pharmaceutical and health service management training centres
- Consultancy and advisory firms related to the health sector, etc
Information for international students
Those students who are not native english speakers will be asked at least B2 English (CEFR). Participants who have english as their native language, or have studied/work in this language will not have to present any certificates.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time22 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- UPF Barcelona School of Management
- +34 93 542 18 00