Prospective students must have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification or APEL
- Evidence of counselling qualification, including face to face supervised clinical practice OR
- Evidence of relevant equivalent training within the sexual heath field (NHS/Social Work)
- Access to a practice base in an approved clinical setting, such as a counselling organisation, primary care trust or specialist NHS department
- Competence in the use of IT and regular access to the Internet
Applicants satisfying the entry requirements will attend an interview with the Course Director and members of the teaching staff.
Months of entry
This two year part time programme, validated by the University of Hull, offers practitioners an opportunity for challenge and growth by taking part in a programme of study which integrates the principles of psychosexual therapy to the latest clinical understanding of the interactions between culture, love, intimacy and sexual expression, as well as challenges such as the treatment of sexual dysfunctions, sexual trauma, shame and female genital cutting.
The course has been granted Course Approval Pending status by the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT).
Information for international students
Please visit our website for further information.
Fees and funding
Please see the funding page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Michèle Logue
- 01302 553818