Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Degree: You will need a degree with a grade of 2.2 or above in a discipline of Early Childhood Studies, Childhood Studies, Education Studies, Psychology, Sociology, English, Mathematics, Dance, Drama, Performing Art, Sports or similar.
- Level 2 Requirements: You need to have a GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or its equivalent) in English, maths and a science subject (BTEC Level 2 science is also accepted at Merit or above).
- Department for Education: Pass the literacy and numeracy professional skills tests, before beginning this route.
- Teaching Experience: You will also need to have a minimum of two years teaching experience across at least two different schools and two different age groups.
Months of entry
If you are already making your mark in a school and thrive on inspiring the next generation, but do not have Qualified Teacher Status, the good news is that you can rectify this and in the space of 12 weeks.
Our QTS Assessment Only route has been specially designed to support graduates who have at least two years experience as an unqualified teacher.
This route recognises the work and experience unqualified teachers have gained during their professional career and gives them the chance to gain Qualified Teacher Status.
Whether you work in a mainstream school or one for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), completion of this route will lead to Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) status, enabling you to continue your journey in a profession which boasts a competitive salary, generous pension and Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time3 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions