You will require a relevant undergraduate degree (or equivalent) from a recognised institution.
Months of entry
International hospitality is challenging, dynamic and expanding rapidly. It also offers a wide range of exciting employment opportunities.
On this course, you will choose the pathway that best suits you – one that is tailored to suit your previous qualifications and experience.
- Pathway A
If you are new to the industry and your qualifications are not related to hospitality or tourism, then you will take this pathway. This course will teach you about managing the operational aspects of the industry and incorporated the study of related tourism and events environments.
- Pathway B
If you have an undergraduate degree in hospitality or tourism management and you wish to continue your studies then this will be your pathway. In addition to operational management, you will focus on the long-term strategic development of hospitality operations and will equip you to engage in continuing development using a broad range of intellectual and study skills.
You will also take part in a five-day study trip to a European city destination in order to carry out research related to one or more of your course assessments. Previous study visits have taken students to Paris, Madrid, Lisbon, Seville, Palma, Amsterdam and Rome. The cost of this residential visit it include in the course fees.
Why should I choose this course?
- You will develop your professional career, specialising in the dynamic and exciting sector of hospitality.
- UCB is a well-established and internationally-renowned provider of hospitality courses.
- You will learn advanced hospitality functions and how to apply them to the industry.
- This course is accredited by the University of Birmingham.
- You will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of alternative hospitality and managerial approaches and appreciate the changing nature of the contemporary hospitality environment.
- Give yourself the employment edge and learn a language as an optional module.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
2 years full-time with optional placement.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries