• Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts Education from UCA • Or Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching/Higher Education Academic practice or equivalent from another institution • Or Diploma to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS) • Or Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy • And five years (full-time equivalent) teaching/support for learning practice Consideration will be given to applicants who do not have a PGC in Learning & Teaching (or equivalent) or Fellowship of the HEA but can make a strong case for admission on the basis of substantial teaching experience
Months of entry
The Master of Arts in Creative Arts Education is for anyone who is interested in returning to the study of education with a view to revisiting topics and issues covered previously or addressing new issues that have emerged due to a change of role and/or the creative arts education landscape.
Applicants must be working in a teaching/supporting learning context for a minimum of one day a week across each year .
Key study topics include:
The course is in two parts and is delivered between September and April on Saturdays (10 am - 5 pm) at the Epsom Campus. Indicative attendance requirements are as follows:
- Part 1 Critical Issues - will require attendance every other week.
- Part 1 Investigating Pedagogy - will require attendance at four all day sessions and some tutorials throughout the unit.
- Part 2 Researching Pedagogy - will require attendance at all day sessions and tutorials every other week for the first 15 weeks and then intermittently for tutorials if required.
- Part 2 Reflective Account of Practice - will require attendance on three days across the unit.
Information for international students
International Students should contact the International team on: +44 (0)1252 892838 for further information and advice. Alternatively email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01252 892 883