A good Honours degree (normally 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline, and/or; Relevant work experience, demonstrating your ability to study at postgraduate level. A portfolio of work is also required. If your first language is not English a certificate is required as evidence that you have an average IELTS score of 7.0 or equivalent.
Months of entry
MA Journalism is an exciting and distinctive new choice for postgraduate study and professional development for those seeking to broaden and deepen their study of the discipline or to advance their career prospects.
For international applicants, this new MA provides a more practical, vocational and production-focused course than some more traditional International Journalism MA courses.
UCA's Journalism Department at Farnham is extensively involved in working with industry to develop content and formats and to develop and train journalists in new digital production workflows. Our recent and current industry projects include working with GBC, the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation, in Accra, and with CCTV, China Central Television, in Beijing. This work with industry informs our teaching and training.
Key study topics include:
- Research methods and communication methods
- Critical perspectives, contemporary issues and debates
- Digital media and the changing media landscape
- Media law: IP, copyright, defamation, privacy
- Media regulation: OFCOM, licensing, franchises, Leveson
- Internet governance & internet infrastructures
- Business models for publishing and broadcast
- Practical journalism skills for broadcast, cross-platform, multimedia
- Advanced journalism skills training
- Cross-platform content creation and production
- Final Major Project or Dissertation
For further information see: http://webdocs.ucreative.ac.uk/MA_Journalism-1396274280046.pdf
Visit the MA Journalism page on the University for the Creative Arts web site for more details!
Information for international students
International Students should contact the International team on: +44 (0)1252 892838 for further information and advice. Alternatively email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01252 892 883