- View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
Environmental Analytical Chemistry focuses on specialisation in advanced modern analytical methodology to face challenges in environmental, pharmaceutical, oil & gas industry and other related industry in R&D. A particular focus is on the use of NMR and elemental & molecular mass spectrometry for the identification and quantification of small biomolecules in complex mixtures at trace level.
Most biochemical and environmental questions can nowadays only be answered by genetics and metabolomics. Here this course focuses on the latter, i.e. the determination of molecules in biological and environmental samples using spectroscopic and mass spectrometric methods. The programme is designed with an industrial advisory board with a mix of academic and professional skills.
Industry Links and Careers
Graduates work in pharmaceutical companies or environmental agencies or as Analytical Chemists amongst other professions. Links include James Hutton Institute, Marine Laboratories, Rowett Institute for Health and Nutrition, Laboratory of Government Chemists, Intertek and others.
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- Your programme is industry accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry
- We offer a mentoring scheme run by previous Alumni to help you get the most from your education
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- Find out about English Language requirements
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day or visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees (20%)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Graduate School Admissions Unit
- +44 (0)1224 272655