View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
A research based degree that will help you find a career developing and expanding drug discovery. To achieve this, the course will provide a multi-disciplinary approach to the study of drug action and metabolism, drug discovery and development, mechanisms of drug action, therapeutics as well as two focused research projects in the broad area of drug discovery.
You get practical experience, insight into how drugs are made and regulated and understanding of the pharma and biotechnology sector. Course modules include: Small Molecule Drug Discovery, Introduction to Bio- Business and the Commercialisation of Bioscience Research, Basic Skills, Generic Skills, Drug Metabolism, Advanced Bio-Business and the Commercialisation of Biosience Research, Biologic Drug Discovery, Basic Research Methods and your project.
Industry Links and Careers
This programme is aimed specifically at giving you insight into how drugs are made so that you can learn to commercialise your ideas, discoveries and innovations. You get access to the University and hospital in one of the largest teaching hospitals in Europe. Collaborations include other universities, research institutions and governments within the UK, Europe and America and more than 12 developing countries.
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- The university is known for world leading discoveries such as insulin to treat diabetes, which won a Nobel Prize and two current Britis Pharmacological Society Wellcome Gold Medal winners teaching.
- You study at a top 10 UK Medical School
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44(0)1224 437096