View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
This is a wide ranging programme of very useful discipline areas which are employment areas in their own right such as Environmental Pollution or GIS. Studied together they will give you an edge due to the range of knowledge you will acquire.Courses include: Plant Ecology, Core Skills in Environmental Science, Environmenal Pollution, Applications of GIS, Soils for Food Security, Ecology, Conservation and Society, Catchment Management, Environmental Analysis, Ecological and Environmental Modelling, and your final project.
You will gain relevant skills in environmental policy, legislation, risk assessment models, environmental analytical instrumentation, understanding the use and implementation of environmental models, placing ecology within the landscape, looking at ecological niches and exploring how ecology impacts society. The degree allows you to integrate both disciplines which helps you to provide consultancy across a wider range of environmental issues.
Employment options include positions in environmental science and ecological science sectors such as consultancies, regulators and NGOs or you can progress to PhD.
Industry Links and Careers
The programme is ideally situated to take advantage of marine, urban, agricultural and mountain environments nearby. There is also a renowned soil institute in the city formerly the MacCauley now the James Hutton Institute which specialises in soils and environmental research. You are also in the energy capital of the world and many companies are reliant on Ecologists to advise on their growth operations, plus some central UK regulation occurs in the city within environment. Within specialists careers many of the courses are work areas in their own right with further professional qualifications attached to them within consultancy work. Apart from the range of environmental work now on offer you may also wish to pursue your studies to PhD level and teach or join a prestigious resarch institute in a field of environmental science.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- Aberdeen offers you a great environment from which to study environmental sciences and some exciting field trips to wonderful Scottish scenic areas whilst studying.Field courses have been at Ballater, Cairngorms National Park, and Aberdeenshire
- Research excellence is ranked 1st in the UK (REF 2014) with staff winning British Ecological Marsh Award 2014 and Philippe Duchaufour medal from the European Geosciences Union.
See Our Facilities
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
Information for international students
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online