View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
The MSc degree in Microbiology will take you through a wide-ranging curriculum describing some of the latest advances in microbiology. It includes courses on medical microbiology, molecular genetics, bioinformatics, the regulation of gene expression in microbial systems, and the role of microorganisms in environmental systems.
All these subjects are taught from the perspective of understanding how the microbe interacts with, and responds to, its environment. Courses on microbial pathogenesis teach how the pathogenic microbe interacts with the human host.
Staff teaching on this programme include members of the new Wellcome Trust Strategic Award in Medical Mycology and Fungal Immunology. As a student on this programme, you will therefore be taught by staff that include leading medical microbiologists and immunologists.
- View all course modules
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Life Sciences and Medicine Graduate School
- +44(0)1224 437096