Applicants will usually need to possess a health-related honours degree (at a second class level or at least 60% or GPA – 3/5; 2.4/4; 6/10 OR equivalent) or be able to demonstrate evidence of equivalent experience in health care practice/research. They will also require reliable internet access.
Months of entry
Delivered entirely online, utilising a range of engaging and innovative teaching and assessment methods, the PgCert in Research Methods for Health will provide you with the framework and methodological skills to design effective, rigorous, ethical and relevant healthcare research projects.
This involves being able to:
- Critically appraise research evidence (including systematic reviewing)
- Develop a precise research question and articulate and justify an appropriate study design
- Select a suitable statistical method for analysis and interpret the findings
The programme offers a fully flexible, participatory learning opportunity enabling you to:
- Study while working
- Learn at your own pace
- Review material as often as you require
- Incur limited financial costs
- Study only the modules you are interested in
This PgCert is aimed at healthcare professionals, policy makers and early career researchers who would like to improve their health research skills but are unable to take time out for full-time study and/or want to avoid relocating.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44(0)12244 37096