View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
This programme is specifically aimed at students who want to commercialise innovation within medicine and pharmacology either starting their own enterprise or working with a company to develop innovation.
Stratified Medicine holds innovation potential to treat human disease.by increasing efficacy, safety, and cost effectiveness of new medicines.by providing solutions to future needs in the Life Sciences sector. It is developed in with industrial partners of the Stratified Medicine Scotland Innovation Centre (SMS-IC). Partners are University of Aberdeen, University of Glasgow and University of Strathclyde. Stratified Medicine You look at how to conduct Clinical Trials, Bioinformatics and Pharmacogenomics and integrates basic and clinical sciences. You will be able to design, execute, evaluate modern clinical interventions, and commercial Life Sciences.
Courses include: Scientific Basis of Stratified Medicine, Drug Disposition, Advanced Bio-Business, Commercialisation of Science, Application of Research Evaluation Technologies, New Venture Creation, Applied Health Economics, Clinical Trials: Principles and Methods, Developing Research and Evaluation Skills, Spatial Epidemeology, Quantiative Research Methods, Systemic Reviews, Genome Enabled Medicine, Pharmokinetics and Toxicokinetics, Biologic Drug Discovery.
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- The industry is currently in rapid acceleration growth which is due to new technology and techniques such as stratified medicine, smart technologies and IOT, telehealth, customised health and ability to upscale quickly at innovation centres in the UK. The Aberdeen programme comes from a background of successful spin out companies and the University has gained a British Pharmacological Society Wellcome Gold Medal.
- You evaluate new treatments and commercialise them learning both the testing and upscaling required and the enterprise and commercialisation knowledge required.
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator