View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
You combine theory and practice in finance to maximise your employability. Courses are taught by mathematicians, providing understanding of the principles of mathematical and economic models of financial markets, as well as the practical and working knowledge of the tools applied in concrete financial situations. Financial Mathematics provides the tools for success in a range of public and private financial sectors.
You have access to world-leading facilities including Thomas Reuters Eikon flagship trading floor, which integrates real activity in financial markets combined with key Mathematica software facilities. We have a great teaching environment offering Financial Programming and an opportunity to work with the big data sets needed for the microstructure studies employed by the financial and banking sectors.
Courses include: Discrete Time Models, Economics Theory for Finance, Econometric Theory and Data Analysis for Finance, Mathematics for Finance, Continuous Time Models, Time Series, Economics of Financial Markets, Real Options and Decision Making, Portfolio Analysis, Empirical Methods in Financial Research and your Dissertation (some courses are optional)
Industry Links and Careers
You receive excellent knowledge of software used in the finance industry and banking sectors. Careers can include Actuarial Analyst, Actuary, Chartered Accountant, Chartered Certified Accountant, Data Analyst, Investment Analyst, Research Science and other areas which involve a high degree of mathematical knowledge such as insurance industries, risk analysis and so on.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You get a balanced combination of Theory and Practice with economic models and practical working knowledge of tools applied
- You get the opportunity to work with big data sets needed for microstructure studies employed by financial and banking sectors
· View all course modules
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272655