View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
This MSc programme provides you with in-depth knowledge of recent advances in AI such as data and text mining, efficient reasoning, natural language generation, information visualisation and communication, and distributed AI systems. The programme is centred on practical “hands-on” learning, exploring the underpinning theories in combination with the use of techniques, tools, software and methodologies with the opportunities, where possible, to work with international experts and companies at the cutting edge of the field.
AI is a growth area:
- Cloud-based neural networks will power 40% of mobile interactions between virtual personal assistants and people by 2020.
- It is estimated that 85% of all customer interactions won't require human customer service reps by the end of this decade.
- Growth is estimated to exceed £4 billion by 2020.
- Innovations include autonomous vehicles, translation of text, speech and photo recognition, and playing games.
- In studies 80% of executives reporti that AI boosts worker performance and creates new jobs.
- · View all course modules
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- Find out about English Language requirements
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day or visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Data Lab scholarships are available to Scottish and EU students. Applications for these scholarships will be considered on a first-come first-served basis. There may be other scholarships available if you are not from these regions so it is well worth searching for postgraduate funding on our site.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Graduate School Admissions Unit
- +44 (0) 1224 272655