The information below is provided as a guide only and does not guarantee entry to the University of Aberdeen.
This programme is for you if you have a minimum of FIVE years’ post-degree work experience, a track record of professional achievement and a good first degree (equivalent to a British second-class Honours degree) or above in any discipline. The Programme Director may consider applicants with non-standard qualifications. If you have non-standard qualifications and extensive work experience, please ensure to enclose a complete CV and detailed work references.
Months of entry
If you want to get ahead and become a lot more challenged in your work an MBA will give you a toolkit of useful skills, knowledge and ways to analyse situations and problem solve at top level. The programme is delivered flexibly in London over eight long weekends (Friday to Sunday) along with online learning and you are assessed by work based reflective practice and assessments. Within this top level strategic qualification you learn to find new methods to drive change across business and evaluate trends to make that change. You become adept at understanding value creation across all sectors and you develop and promote ideas in highly competitive market areas whilst establishing products or services. You acquire and develop competency in managing people, challenges and scenarios and you are able to utilise big data to make knowledge based decisions whilst managing projects. Within your managerial skills you become confident in analysing and negotiating well in challenging situations.
There are 8 core modules plus a practical project:
- Leading Strategic Change
- Management Effectiveness: Negotiation, Analysis, Communication, Project Work
- Marketing, Reputation and Value
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Governance, Responsibility, Ethics
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Accounting and Finance for Executives
- Practical Intervention Project
Industry Links and Careers
University of Aberdeen Business School works closely with the energy industry in the city of Aberdeen, and has connections in the financial and investment world, real estate, and FTSE 100 companies located near or in Aberdeen with which the School actively encourages professional networking, development and learning.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- The Business School is recognised globally for research impact in Business and Management Studies ranked Top 3 (REF 2014)
- You are taught by international multidisciplinary staff with knowledge of both academia and business to become visionary, adept at managing people and growing business.
See Our Facilities
University of Aberdeen Business School
- Tour the Business School
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- Find out about English Language requirements
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
Sign up for an open day or visit.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator