View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
The MLitt in English Literary Studies provides the basis for research in:
- English literature including the literature of Scotland and Ireland.
- Research 'training' involves acquisition of practical skills and knowledge
- Specialised knowledge and understanding of literaryperiods
- Literary issues which will be directly relevant to each candidate's proposed field of research.
Industry Links and Careers
There are many areas which involve writers and it really depends upon your interests. You could become a Journalist, Publicity Officer, Research Associate, Researcher, Teacher, Writer and more. The department has links to current writers and festivals plus research within the classics.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You are taught by experts in literature amongst published writers of contemporary literature, housed in facilities which include works by Sir Walter Scott, Renaissance, Englightenment, Romantic, Victorian literature, Walter Kennedy, William Dunbar, Allan Ramsay and others.
- You study in a beautiful campus dating from the Middle Ages when in 1495 Bishop Elphinstone founded Kings College which later became University of Aberdeen
· View all course modules
- Start Date – September, January
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272625