This programme is open to graduates from any discipline, and does not require business or management study to be completed at undergraduate level.
Our minimum entry requirement for this programme is a degree at 2:2 (lower second class) UK Honours level (or a degree from a non-UK institution which is judged by the University to be of equivalent worth).
Months of entry
Combining the study of two complementary subject areas with leading industry accreditations and professional training ensures our students graduate as industry-ready - and are highly sought-after by employers all over the world.
Designed to extend your capability and range in all financial aspects of real estate and property development , this Master's offers a particular focus on commercial property valuation and investment and the study of international real estate markets.
Several key strengths include:
- your degree that is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- the programme runs in parallel with the globally-recognised qualification CFA Level 1, so you can take this qualification as part of the MSc, being coached by professional finance trainers.
- your degree is recognised by the well-respected Investment Property Forum (IPF) to add further allure to your CV.
- we support your understanding of finance in practice with access to a market-leading financial database.
During the year, the programme provides you with a deep understanding of the latest theoretical and numerical material:
- how do developers decide what to build?
- what is the role of the planning authority?
- how do developers acquire the land?
- how is the land value calculated?
- what are the key factors – costs and revenues - that need to be controlled?
- how do developers make their profit and when do they receive their profit?
In the summer term, in lieu of a dissertation, you can also choose to travel to Asia and study property investment and development case studies. Location of case studies varies each year, with previous cohorts of students visiting real estate developments in Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai and Beijing.
Tour of up to five cities will incur costs of around c£4,500/£5,000. Students book their own flights, accommodation and have funds for subsistence for one month.
We uniquely offer all of this - and more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Business School Administrator