View entry requirements for this programmes:
Months of entry
You study two complementary disciplines both offering you RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) accreditation and a CFA level 1 in Finance. You can either study the programme with the CFA exam or the programme without taking CFA. Both disciplines are highly employable in their own right and both carry professional accreditations for each discipline.
The programme is up-to-date and provides a high level of understanding of both theoretical and numerical material. The university offers you market-leading financial databases (the Thomson-Reuters Eikon suite) to support teaching and individual study. This degree is recognised by the Investment Property Forum (IPF)
Industry Links and Careers
You can take either the CFA examination for Finance or not, and for Real Estate your degree is recognised by the Investment Property Forum (IPF) plus Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Careers can be in both areas if you want to manage corporate property investments or either depending upon where you want to live and work in the world. These qualifications are globally useful and relevant.
View all course modules for each programme:
- Finance and Real Estate (no CFA exam)
- Courses include: Quantitative Methods, Accounting, Valuation and Finance, Real Estate Economics, Portfolio Analysis, Financial Analysis and Markets, Real Estate Development and Appraisal, Studies in Finance, Professional Finance, Real Estate Dissertation, Asian Cities - Hong Kong, Seoul/Tokyo, Singapore, Shainghai/Beijing (some courses are optional)
- Finance and Real Esate (with CFA 1 exam)
- Courses include: Quantitative Methods, Accounting, Valuation and Finance, Real Estate Economics, Portfolio Analysis, Financial Analysis and Markets, Real Estate Development and Appraisal, Professional Finance, Real Estate Dissertation, Asian Cities - Hong Kong, Seoul/Tokyo, Singapore, Shainghai/Beijing (some courses are optional)
- You may also be interested in our MSc Real Estate programme
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- Apart from the professional exams and accreditations from professional bodies you also get access to technical databases used within your profession.
- You have the opportunity to study in Asia in lieu of a dissertation to study property investment and development case studies in several major cities. Case studies vary each year but you can visit Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai, and Beijing. This takes place during the summer term.
University of Aberdeen Business School
- Tour the Business School
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus, Online, Blended
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Business School Administrator
- 01224 273235