The minimum requirement is a good first degree (equivalent to a British second-class Honours degree) or above in any discipline. For more detailed information on entry requirements, please contact email@example.com. References are not required in order for applicants to submit an application. They are not usually required in order for a decision to be made but in certain cases applicants may be asked to provide a single academic reference at the request of the academic selector. The English Language Requirement for all College of Arts and Social Sciences Masters programmes is an IELTS of 6.5 with 6.0 in the writing and reading (or equivalent TOEFL iBT or PTE). For more information see www.abdn.ac.uk/international/english-requirements Please note, students who accept an offer of a place will be asked to pay a deposit to secure their place. This deposit is later deducted from the tuition fees payable at registration. See www.abdn.ac.uk/postgraduate/finance for further details.
Months of entry
The programme is available to undergraduates of any discipline who wish to pursue a career in marketing from all aspects of product and service development, innovation to managing marketing, research and consumer behaviour.
Upon completing this programme you will be able to add significant value to any organisation by being able to:
- Appraise the marketplaces for opportunities and threats
- Understand the role of marketing within an organisation
- Critically appraise the relevance and practicality of marketing theories
- Interpret, apply and adapt marketing theories for use in practical settings
- Think and operate creatively to scope, refine and deliver practicable marketing proposals and solutions
- Translate ideas, theories and plans into practice
- Promote products via traditional media, and the Internet
- Work effectively as part of a marketing team
- Manage marketing teams
Find out more about courses
Our programme employs a variety of assessment methods which are designed to assess knowledge, competencies and skills that are required in the role of a modern marketer. Predominantly this means you will be required to prepare reports, group and individual presentation etc. For example, in the Marketing Management module you will be required to work both individually (writing two reports) and as a group (compiling a report and making a formal presentation).
Russell Williams speaks about the programme at:http://www.youtube.com/watch
Information for international students
The English Language Requirement for all College of Arts and Social Sciences Masters programmes is an IELTS of 6.5 with 6.0 in the writing and reading (or equivalent TOEFL iBT or PTE). For more information see www.abdn.ac.uk/international/english-requirements
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees (20%)
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- Clare McIntyre
- 01224 273235