View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
An innovative Masters Degree programme specialising in vocal and choral music, led by the distinguished Royal Wedding composer Professor Paul Mealor intended for composers, musicologists, performers and other interested parties in choral music.
The course is aimed at composers, performers and musicologists with a real interest and passion for choral music. You will be immersed in technical, historical and cultural aspects of choral music and guided to find your own distinctive voice through the study of the great choral masters, past and present. You will work closely with a professional choir in residence, learning valuable practical skills in choral-orchestration, conducting and choir training, and hear their compositions or editions performed in concert.
Courses include: Music Research Skills, Renaissance Counterpoint, Vocalstration, Music Research Seminar Series, Words and Music, Contemporary European Opera, Electroacoustic Composition: the Voice and the Machine, Sacred Music from Italy in the Eighteenth Century
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- Music has been taught at Aberdeen since Bishop Elphinstone founded the University in 1495 at Kings College and it was an important subject which has been carried on throughout the ages.
- James O'Donnell (Organist and Master of Music at Westminster Abbey and others all contribute to your learning experience.
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Paul Mealor
- +44 (0) 1224 272625