View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
This one-year programme will equip you with the knowledge and tools needed to meet the challenge of finding new solutions to manage our marine natural resources. This interdisciplinary course offers a unique curriculum allowing you to gain both theoretical and practical experience. There is equal emphasis on developing your biological and quantitative toolkit so that you can understand biological and ecological processes, learn new analytical techniques and understand how to apply these to manage natural resources.
We have world-class facilities to support field research in Marine Ecology including several field stations (Oceanlab, Cromarty Lighthouse) and research can be carried out in partnership with professional agencies such as the Marine Scotland-Science, SNH and JNCC.
Please note this is a taught degree or a research degree
Industry Links and Careers
You can undertake research at OceanLab and Comarty Lighthouse plus opportunities with Marine Scotland Science, Scottish Natural Heritage and the Joint Nature Conservation Committee. Careers can include: Fisheries Manager, Marine Resource Manager, Environmental Assessor, Marine Renewables Consultant and others. Graduates have gone on to work for NAFC Marine Centre, RSPB, Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Scottish Natural Heritage and the BBC.
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You are taught by researchers ranked Number 1 in Scotland in terms of overall excellence in Earth Systems and Environmental Science (REF 2014)
- From Aberdeen you can apply your learning locally within the Shire, at Ythan Estuary, Moray Firth Field Station and Bettyhill and Eynhallow within field work.
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- Find out about English Language requirements
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day or visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Graduate School
- +44 (0)1224 437096