Applicants will be graduates or able to provide evidence that they can work at postgraduate level. Additionally, entrants must be fully qualified, GTCS registered secondary teachers with suitable professional experience. They must meet the requirements set out in the Framework for Professional Recognition/Registration and complete a period of observation in primary schools before entry.
Months of entry
This programme will meet the CPD programme requirements set out by GTCS for fully registered secondary teachers who wish to convert their secondary school registration to allow them to teach in primary schools (see pages 20 to 24 of the Framework for Professional Recognition/Registration: GTCS August 2007).
The aims of the programme are to enhance and extend the skills, knowledge and understanding of the participants by the following ways:
- developing advanced knowledge and theories relevant to teaching in primary classrooms
- develop capacity to analyse critically, to support professional judgements in complex and ambiguous situations
- making an informed contribution to current educational debates and discussions
- applying advanced theoretical perspectives to personal professional practice in primary settings
- developing the capacity to shape and lead change in a variety of practice settings
- exploit opportunities to generate professional knowledge and enhance policy and practice.
Find out more about courses
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees (20%)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Education
- +44 (0) 1224 274776