View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
Qualified Geophysicists are required within industry due to a shortage of high level skills. This programme will be delivered by our School of Geosciences and will equip you with the skills for careers in the hydrocarbon, minerals exploration or associated service industries, or broader geophysics research.
You learn theory and practice of modern geophysics, with an emphasis on cutting edge techniques for understanding the structure, dynamics and composition of the Earth from the near surface to the deep interior. The content is broad-based and integrative with a strong focus on the quantitative aspects of geophysical data analysis and interpretation.
Courses include: Earth Physics, Structure and Processes, Seismic Reflection Processing - Imaging and Quantitative Interpretation, Time Series Analysis and Signal Processing, Field Geophysical Data Acquisition, Seismology and Earth Imaging, Borehole Geophysics and 4d Reservoir Monitoring, Geophysical Inverse Theory and Statistics, Topics in Advanced Applied Geophysics, and Project
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You can take an active role in running EAGE and SEG student chapter, Aberdeen Geological Society and PESGB.
- The department is ranked 1st in Scotland and Earth Systems and Environmental Science is ranked 1st in Scotland for impact (REF2014)
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272655