View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
You develop detailed knowledge of the technology required to ensure energy provision in the oil and gas industry developing your theoretical and practical knowledge as a future manager of energy projects. You are taught by highly regarded known specialists in Engineering, Geology, Chemistry, and the Energy Industry. The programme is particularly suitable for graduates in mechanical, civil, electrical, chemical and other engineering backgrounds, although a general science background is considered suitable.
Industry Links and Careers
Aberdeen is the Oil and Gas Capital of Europe and is the office location for many of the oil companies that serve the industry. Many alumni leading in the oil and gas and energy industries and specialist staff provide consultancy to continuosly ensure that research is fed back into the curriculum.
Online courses: Reservoir Engineering, Fundamental Safety Engineering and Risk Management Concepts, Fundamentals of Petroleum Geoscience, Project Management, Facilities Engineering, Flow Assurance, Oil and Gas Chemistry, Well and Production Engineering and your research project
- View all course modules on campus
Online Courses include: Fundamental Safety Engineering and Risk Management Concepts, Well and Production Engineering, Flow Assurance, Fundamentals of Petroleum Geoscience, Project management, Reservoir Engineering, Oil and Gas Chemistry, Facilities Engineering, Individual Project (Oil and Gas Engineering) and your research project.
- View all course modules online
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You study in the heart of the oil and gas industry in Aberdeen city where the University and the industry have collaborated since the 1970s to bring respected degrees to the industry and meet current and future requirements.
- You compete your degree in 27 months or you can spread it out to up to six years.
- The curriculum is unique to our location in Aberdeen and highly relevant to the oil and gas industry.. You gain experience from different disciplines of engineering which need to work together to succeed effectively.
- Start Date – September, January Online
- Start Date - September or January Campus
- Delivery – Online and Campus
- Study Options – Full Time and Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
Information for international students
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272515