View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
An essential area of the oil and gas industry, you learn structural engineering to enhance existing skills of industry professionals in the industry with the emerging knowledge to take the industry forward.
Delivered part time by distance learning the programme is jointly developed with industry to develop advanced skills of practising and existing Structural Engineers globally. You study: Design of Connections, Structural Dynamics, Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics, Conceptual Design of Topside Modules, Blast and Fire Resistant Structures, Brownfield and Petrochemical Structural Engineering, Finite Element Methods, Design of Jackets, Attachments and Subsea Structures and Stiffened Plates, plus Reliability Analysis.
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- This is a fully accredited programme by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Energy Institute, Institution of Civil Engineers, Institution of Structral Engineers, Institute of Highway Engineers, and Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation.
- The programme is industry driven with an Advisory Board made up of experienced professionals from a range of backgrounds
- Start Date – September, January
- Delivery – Online
- Study Options – Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page·
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272515