UK Bachelor Honours degree at 2:1 or above in Engineering, Geoscience, Geology, Geophysics, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Computing Science. It is important to note that the programmes of postgraduate study at the University of Aberdeen are very competitive and the entry requirements stated are a guide to the minimum requirements, but do not guarantee entry. Document requirements For this application we need at least: a full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) so far (original & official English translation) detailed personal statement explaining your motivation for this particular programme current CV/resume academic reference letter OR employer if 2+ years experience It is important when submitting an application that you ensure you have completed all the necessary sections and enclosed all the relevant documentation to ensure that your application can be processed as quickly as possible. English Even if you have been educated in the medium of English you must meet our English Language requirements.
Months of entry
Petrophysics is a major integrating discipline within geosciences and applied to the development of hydrocarbon resources. The key benefits are:
- To gain knowledge and understanding of key elements of the Petrophysics discipline
- Gain confidence in your skills of interpretation and analysis
- Enhance your career
- Improve your contribution to your company’s decision making and strategic direction
- Improve your team working and project management skills
- Learn from experts in their discipline
- Guided application of new skills; knowledge and recent developments in petrophysics
- Achieve a masters degree on successful completion of all the component courses
In conjunction with LR Senergy, we are offering what we believe to be a global first - an MSc in Petrophysics and Formation Evaluation.
LR Senergy and the University of Aberdeen have combined their long standing technical expertise and highly regarded academic credentials, to create the Master Science degree in Petrophysics & Formation Evaluation.
This prestigious programme has been developed to help address the recognised shortage of skilled petrophysicists in the energy industry. It is aimed at people from a scientific, mathematic or engineering background, who wish to progress into a petrophysics role.
Available Study modes: Part-time Distance Learning or Full-time on-campus.
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees (20%)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Physical Sciences Graduate School
- +44 (0)1224 272515