- View entry requirements for Renewable Energy Engineering Online
- View entry requiremens for Renewable Energy Engineering Campus
Months of entry
The programme is divided into delivery on campus or delivery online.
You learn a detailed knowledge of major renewable energy sources and the engineering skills associated with them. This includes electrical systems, energy conversion and storage, and fundamental concepts in safety engineering. The programme is both practical and theoretical. The programme is its interdisciplinary and suitable for graduates with a background in mechanical, civil, electrical, chemical, science and other suitable engineering backgrounds.
As a student you benefit from research active staff and close proximity to the energy sector.
Courses Renewable Energy Engineering (Online): Renewable Energy 2 (Biomass), Fundamental Safety Engineering and Risk Management Concepts, Energy Conversion and Storage, Legislation Planning and Economics, Electrical Systems for Renewable Energy, Renewable Energy 1 (Solar and Geothermal), Renewable Energy Integration to Grid, Renewable Energy 3 (Wind Marine Hydro) and your Individual Project
- View all course modules - Online Delivery
Courses Renewable Energy Engineering (Campus): Electrical Systems for Renewable Energy, Renewable Energy 1 (Solar and Geothermal), Renewable Energy 2 (Biomass), Fundamental Safety Engineering and Risk Management Concepts, Renewable Energy 3 (Wind, Marine and Hydro), Energy Conversion and Storage, Renewable Energy Integration to Grid, Legislation Planning and Economics, and your Individual Project
- View all course modules Campus Delivery
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You can choose from campus study or online study to fit around your life and study from anywhere in the world where you can get good internet connection
- The School of Engineering has long established links to industry due to close collaboration with the energy industry in the city and many skills within renewable energy built over time. You are taught by academics and industry professionals who also teach you the legal and economic side of the business.
- Start Date – September (Only for Campus), January (Both Online)
- Delivery – Campus, Online
- Study Options – Full Time (Campus), Part Time (Online)
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272515