View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
This programme allows you as a graduate engineer, geologist, or other scientists with understanding of the geology, performance and management of hydrocarbon reservoirs. You cover the fundamental science and technology of reservoir engineering, reservoir modelling and flow simulation, petrophysics, formation evaluation, and petroleum economics. You use industry-standard software (e.g. Petrel and Eclipse) and select technologies appropriate for oil and gas fields in a team project and you visit industrial facilities, see technical presentations and are made aware of professional and social responsibility, ethics, sustainability and environmental issues.
Courses include: Fundamenals of Petroleum Geoscience, Petrophysics, Core Analysis and Formation Evaluation, Reservoir Engineering, Introduction to Energy Economics, Group Project and Research Skills, Principles of Static and Dynamic Modelling, Reservor Simulation and your Project in Reservoir Engineering
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- The programme is one of a few Reservoir Engineering programmes in the UK and the only one delivered from the energy city of Aberdeen. You gain from close collaboration with the industry to support business exposure. We work with companies like Apache, Statoil, Baker Hughes, BP, Chevron, Conoco Philips, Dana Petroleum, Halliburton, Shell, Pemex and many others.
- You get industry relevant skillsand benefit from speakers and presentations from the business.
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44(0)1224 272655