- View entry requirements for this programme - Campus Delivery
- View entry requirements for this programme - Online Delivery
Months of entry
The programme develops graduate engineers to develop a career in safety and reliability engineering and risk management. There is a high demand for safety and reliability engineering due to legal requirements to assess risks to people and the environment, and the need to create high integrity engineering systems across industries. These industries range from offshore, nuclear, transport, aerospace and process industries.
The programme is fully accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE), the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE) and the Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT).
Courses, Safety and Reliability Engineering MSc - Campus: Fundamental Safety Engineering and Risk Management Concepts, Statistics and Probability for Safety, Reliability and Quality, Fire and Explosion Engineering, Subsea Integrity, Advanced Methods for Risk and Reliability Assessment, Applied Risk Analysis and Management, Process Design Layout and Materials, Human Factors Engineering, and your Individual Project.
Courses, Safety and Reliability Engineering MSc Online: Fundamental Safety Engineering and Risk Management Concepts, Statistics and Probablity for Safety Reliability and Quality, Advanced Methods for Risk and Reliability Assessment, Applied Risk Analysis and Management, Fire and Explosion Engineering, Subsea Integrity, Process Design Layout and Materials, Human Factors Engineering
Why Choose Aberdeen?
- Like many industries and other setcors you learn like many methods from the oil and gas industry here in the City and a collaboration with the University across the entire supply chain from which to draw Safety and Reliability Engineering teaching over decades of tried and tested methods and applications. The programme is recognised by the Lloyd Register Foundation Centre for Safety and Reliability Engineering
- You are taught industry an responsive programme from the collaborations with the energy industry in the City and an Advisory Board of professionals who ensure our programme meets future needs of the industry
- Start Date – September (Campus)(Online) January (Online)
- Delivery – Campus and Online
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272515