View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
Subsea Engineering is still in demand worldwide to support energy installations and other types of infrastructure projects in the sea. This is a highly skilled area and very relevant to the oil and gas industry hub situated in Aberdeen City.
You gain wide technical depth and knowledge of subsea technologies and systems,from wellhead to topside structure interconnections to developing your practical skills. You will apply sound engineering principles and analysis methods to the design and installation of subsea systems, using and adapting appropriate analysis tools and techniques,specialist design software and Standards for design improvements and performance optimisation. Aberdeen is the heart of the European oil and gas industry, an international hub for companies engaged in Subsea Engineering.
Courses on campus include: Offshore Structures and Subsea Systems, Subsea Control, Subsea Integrity, Subsea Construction Inspection and Maintenance, Pipelines and Soil Mechanics, Risers Systems and Hydrodynamics, Flow Assurance, Engineering Risk and Reliability Analysis, and your project.
Courses online include: Offshore Structural and Subsea Systems, Subsea Construction Inspection and Maintenance, Piplines and Soil Mechnics, Engineering Risk and Reliability Analysis, Subsea Control, Subsea Integrity, Risers Systems and Hydrodynamics, Flow Assurance, Subsea Engineering Individual Project
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You benefit from years of experience, collaboration, research and teaching to inform skills and needs of industry within Subsea Engineering from the heart of the oil and gas industry in Aberdeen City as it has developed. The programme is fully accredited by a range of engineering institutes across all sub disciplines and the Univeristy is a founding member of the Global Subsea Universities Alliance
- Graduates go into senrior roles within industry and the whole programme is developed and reviewed by an Industry Advisory Board made up from business professionals from a range of backgrounds.
- Start Date – September (and January online)
- Delivery – Campus and online
- Study Options – Full Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272515