View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
You get the best of two areas of law when studying this programme which allows you to understand both energy and environmental law. You study Critical Legal Thinking taking options in International Energy and Environmental Law, Oil and Minerals for Good, Low Carbon Energy Transition: Renewable Energy Law, Principles of Environmenal Regulation, Low Carbon Energy Transition: Nuclear Energy and Carbon Capture and Storage, Corporate Envronmental Liability, International Investment Law and Arbitration in the Energy Sector and Downstream Energy Law. This gives you a highly comprehensive set of knowledge and skills from which to practise law.
The programme is unique as you study the interlinked nature of energy and sustainable development combining current environmental challenges that characterise the world, including the organisation of our energy system in the 21st century. The LLM programme in Energy and Environmental Law builds upon a world-class reputation developed in oil and gas law and energy law in a broad sense.
You look at:
- environmental damage in the upstream energy sector
- clean energy and carbon law
- the regulation of the green economy
- protection of our natural resources as a precondition for a sustainable future.
- A core theme is that nothing can be considered in isolation.
- You study in the city of Aberdeen - European energy capital
- You will be taught a range of hotly debated issues
- Staff specialise in various fields of domestic, European and international energy, environmental and climate change law.
You can study the:
- LLM Energy and Environmental Law with Dissertation or
- LLM Energy and Environmental Law with Professional Skills
Industry Links and Careers
You can work for specialised law firms and consultancy covering the range of legal professions and options to specialise within this area of law. Within Aberdeen energy law is a very important and necessary part of business within the global oil and gas industry and careers are highly lucrative and very interesting.
- View all course modules
- Start Date – September, January
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Law Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 274260