View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
Arbitration is a growing area of law to get involved in. There are many reasons to up skill or add these skills to your portfolio. Within the UK arbitration is an essential part of dispute resolution within many areas of law. At international level arbitration is an essential skill within many other countries in their respective legal systems and processes and within cross country negotiation. Arbitration is also a very useful skill within organisations, within business development and much more when trading with suppliers, other traders, sellers and so on and it is an ideal skill set to carry with you throughout your career. This is a part time distance learning course over two semesters with an intensive two-week skills-based course in June to allow you to combine work and study.
If you want to advance your career or develop further professional skills and specialist legal knowledge arbitration is a growing area of legal remedy in many situations.
Industry Links and Careers
The School of Law is well connected in the legal world and offers its own projects which many undergraduates get involved in to support the local community with their legal issues. and other communities further afield. You can work within the legal profession and study this programme as part of your professional development or you can work in many other areas to arbitrate within business, organisations and other specialist arbitration organisations.
Courses include: International Commercial Arbitration, International Commercial Arbitration in the Asia Pacific, International Investment Arbitration, Professional Arbitration Skills
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- Law has been taught at University of Aberdeen since the Middle Ages and the Law School is now ranked 10th in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2015)
- An exit poll revealed that 96% of students felt that the programmes met their expectations and 95% would recommend the University to other people (Exit Poll 2016)
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Online
- Study Options – Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0) 1224 274260