View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
International Law and Strategic Studies provide you with two very useful skill sets to not only identifiy trading risks and other types of risks that exist when determining business or other transactions but also be able to decide the best course of legal action to deal with scenarios that present internationally.
Drawing on the expertise of staff from the two Schools, this innovative programme combines Strategic Studies courses in the theory and practice of the use of force by international and transnational actors to achieve political and security objectives, with International Law courses allowing a focused appreciation of the legal considerations which frame much of contemporary conflicts.You have the opportunity to develop key skills regarding critical legal and strategic analysis of current security issues through coursework and the completion of a Masters thesis in International Law.
Courses include: Strategic Theory, Critical Legal Thinking and Scholarship, International Law A Time of Challenge, International Humanitarian Law, The use of Force in International Law, International Human Rights Law, Latin America Security Conditions and Challenges, Global Security Issues and your Dissertation. Some courses are optional
- View all course modules
Industry Links and Careers
You can go into legal careers within international consultancies or you can choose to work in industry, government policy, international trade at strategic level, or foreign departments.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- Law has been taught at Aberdeen since the Middle Ages and the Law School is now ranked 10th in the UK
- 98% of students felt that their LLM had added value to their career prospects and 97% would recommend their programme to others
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 274260