View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
International Law is probably one of the most essential areas of international trade and many companies employ departments to ensure that they continue to grow and flourish internationally.. The LLM in International Law offers a range of courses covering both public and private international law. You study international commercial arbitration, insolvency law, several options within world trade law, human rights, oil and gas, and environmental law. This programme covers both public and private aspects to law.
Courses include: Critical Legal Thinking and scholarship, International Energy and Environmental Law, International Commercial Arbitration, International Commercial Arbitration in the Asia Pacific, International Law - A Time of Challenges, Private International Law - Jurisdiction Recognition and Enforcement, The Politics of Human Rights, International Intellectual Property - Frameworks and Challenges, Private International Law - Concepts and Institutions, World Trade Organisations - Gatt, Copyright and Patents, International Criminal Law, Cultural Property Issues - Law Art and Museums, Choice of Law for Business, International Humanitarian Law, International Trade and Finance Law, Private International Law of Family Law, International Human Rights Law, Carriage of Goods by Sea, The Use of Force in International Law, and your Dissertation (Four choices from all but the first course which is compulsory)
- View all course modules
Industry Links and Careers
The Law School is well connected internationally and in the UK. You develop a competitive edge by studying at Aberdeen and our School is active in projects which support the local community and communities eleswhere. Careers can be within specific areas of Law but equally you could be working in law departments for multinationals, small growing companies in the latest innovation areas or providing a range of consultancy work within industries in your geographic area or chosen area of specialism.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- Law has been taught at Aberdeen since it became a university in 1495. The Law School is now ranked 10th in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2018)
- 98% of students felt that their LLM had added value to their career prospects and 97% would recommend their course to others (Exit Poll 2016)
- Start Date – September, January
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 274260