View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
The programme is ideal if you are interesting in a career within international law at institutional level, within large organisations and interstate family law concerns. You study a number of courses related to international affairs such as business transactions, comparative and international insolvency, private international family law, jurisdiction, insolvency, and business law. The LLM Programme in Private International Law allows you to draw on established areas of research strength in the School of Law, and offers options which meet the demand for studying contemporary conflict of laws issues in at an advanced level.
Courses include: Critical Legal Thinking, Private International Law: Concepts and Institutions, Private International Law - Jurisdiction Recognition and Enforcement, Choice of Law for Business, Private International Law of Family Law, and your Dissertation.
- View all course modules
Industry Links and Careers
You are taught by academics with research interests which have included providing expertise for the Hague and European Commission, Competition Laws, Child Abduction and Custody, and members of the European Union Committee on Civil Law. Careers can include legal careers at strategic and policy level within large and influential organisations to shape policy and future amendments or representation at international level.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- Law has been taught at the University since the Middle Ages, and today the Law School is ranked 10th in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2018)
- 98% of Graduates felt that their LLM had added value to their career prospects and 97% would recommend their programme to others
- Start Date – September, January
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 274260