View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
The programme will provide you with skills for careers in the development, use and knowledge of new and current drugs. To achieve this the course will be a multi-disciplinary approach to the study of drug discovery and development, mechanisms of drug action, preclinical and clinical trials and regulatory affairs. You learn about Bio-Business, the commercialisation of scientific ideas and you learn about the different business models used in the Biotechnology industry.
The taught part takes place over two terms, consisting of approximately 100 hours of lectures and 10 days of practical classes in addition to tutorials, seminars and clinically-based tuition. External experts are invited to give specialist lectures as part of the programme.
Industry Links and Careers
The university has built up an exceptiona reputation in the pharmacology area since the discipline was founded 50 years ago. Researchers are at the top of their field and many have commercialised or researched major innovations within the discipline. This makes Aberdeen a 'centre of excellence' for drug discovery and commercialisation. The department offers close links to the British Pharmacological Society and British Toxicological Society plus links to bio-entrepreneurs.
- View all course modules
Why Choose Aberdeen?
- The University researched the development of Insulin to treat diabetes, winning a Nobel Prize
- The Medical School is now ranked 10th in the UK and continues to discover major new treatment at one of the largest health campuses in Europe
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 437096