View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
You will be provided with in-depth training in life sciences and technologies. A focussed teaching experience and industry-relevant training in the form of a placement, will be delivered.
A clear skills gap has been identified by the Biopharma/Life sciences industry and you will be trained to address this.
The industrial placement will give you access to a wide range of opportunities and will have direct relevance to industry needs. This could be with external spin-out companies, local SMEs or Medical laboratories or the university. Cutting-edge technology facilities (Centre for Genome Enabled Biology & Medicine, Proteomics, Cytometry, In Vivo Imaging and Analytical Chemistry) are features of the Institute of Medical Sciences.
After graduation, you will be equipped with the skills to meet industry demand.
Why choose Aberdeen?
- You will be ready to take on a career in the biotechnology and biopharmaceutical sectors
- Our Foresterhill Health Campus has great core technology facilities, including a large teaching hospital, Institute of Medical Sciences and the Rowett Institute
- You will take part in an industry placement in the final year
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- Find out about English Language requirements
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272090