View entry requirements for this programme.
Months of entry
You develop your research amongst medical science experts, researchers and clinicians within the molecular bioscience area. You have access to laboratory research areas, adjoining Rowett Institute, a teaching hospital, and the latest tools, techniques and technologies to apply to your research to areas of interest to you. You study at an ancient Scottish University which has taught medical sciences since the Middle Ages under its futuristic founder William Elphinstone and that future thinking and application is very much evident today with graduate spin out company formation, major discoveries and new ways of applying science. The health campus is now situated at Foresterhill which is one of the largest centres in Europe. You benefit from Aberdeen Royal Infirmary on site, clinicians and academics all with their own notable internationally recognised research. Alongside your research you select four courses from highly employable modules in their own right: Bioinformatics, Molecular Genetics, Introduction to Microbiology, Introductory Immunology, Applied Statistics, Drug Metabolism and Toxicology, Molecular Pharmacology, Small Molecule Drug Discovery and Biotechnology.
Industry Links and Careers
You gain the required advanced analytical skills, knowledge and applications to go into the high growth biotechnology, pharmaceutical and drug discovery areas within existing industries and you can start applying your capabilities to starting up your own business as other graduates have done before you. You can continue your studies towards a PhD and teaching, researching or supporting research to innovate in the industries involved. The University is linked to the Scottish Innovation Centres where the research team support existing industries with new products and discoveries and graduates who have gone on to form their own companies. Many of the top 10 ranked spin outs from the unviersity are in the medical science and biotechnological areas. Other opportunities exist within patents, outreach, publishing and communication of science.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You study at a UK top 10 ranked medical school with wide ranging teaching and researching experience, renowned Institutes globally and internationally recognised and award winning research supervisors guiding you to success.
- The campus benefits from the latest digital tools and techniques in genomic sequencing, cytometry, imaging and more
- There are a number of events, conferences and other workshops available to attend whilst you research and study
- The University is ranked in the top 10 for spin out companies many of whom are from the medical science, drug discovery and biotechnology areas
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
Information for International Students
- View international support and events near you
- Find out about English Language requirements
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
Sign up for an open day or visit.
Fees and funding
Fees and Funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272090