View entry requirements for this programme.
Months of entry
You study reproductive health and the areas that feed into it in a research led teaching environment at one of the largest health campuses in Europe. You study the management of pregnancy and in vitro fertilisation, genomics to understand congenital defects, feotal development and prenatal diagnosis using the latest digital technologies and applications in health sciences. You study with self directed practical classes, lectures and materials and evidence based practice using live examples. The team teaching you are interdisciplinary and you benefit from academic and industry experts, key opinion leaders and real situations.
Industry Links and Careers
You study in a live teaching hospital area at Foresterhill which is one of the largest health campuses in Europe, surrounded by medical science researchers and clinicians across wide discipline areas and the Fertility Centre. You can go into research science areas in universties and hospitals aligned areas such as biotechnology and diagnostics, IVG and pathology labs or you can use your knowledge to develop training, research, publications, patents and genomic editing. Depending upon your previous knowledge and background you can potentially innovate, make new discoveries and new methods to support reproductive health areas in the future or use this knowledge to develop novel approaches, tools and techniques.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You study with research active academics and clinicians in a live hospital and fertility centre setting at a medical school ranked in the top 10 in the UK
- As a student you gain direct experience at the fertility centre of therapies including IVF
- Medical Sciences have been taught at the University since the Middle Ages, with notable innovations in the development of Insulin and the MRI scanner from scientists at University of Aberdeen
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
Information for International Students
- View international support and events near you
- Find out about English Language requirements
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
Sign up for an open day or visit.
Fees and funding
Fees and Funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School Enquiries
- +44 (0)1224 272090