View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
Medical physics applies physics, electronics and computing to medical problems, from graduation you can study specialities such as nuclear medicine, which uses radioactive materials for diagnosis of disease, radiotherapy, which employs linear accelerators to destroy cancerous tissue, as well as medical electronics and magnetic resonance imaging.
The MSc in Medical Physics is the first step towards qualification as a Medical Physicist, providing you with the knowledge as applied in the modern clinical/health environment. It ingtegrates with the UK NHS's grade-A medical physicist training scheme, and has been accredited by the Institute of Physics & Engineering in Medicine.
There is also a programme in Medical Imaging
Courses include Biomedical and Professional Topics in Healthcare and Science, Imaging in Medicine, Radiation in Medicine, Computing and Electronics in Medicine, Generic Skills, Radiotherapy and Radiation Physics, Nuclear Medicine and Positron Emission Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Diagnostic Radiology and Radiation Protection and your research project
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- Aberdeen was the first place to build and conduct a whole body MRI scan and won a Queens Anniversary Prize for acheivements in developing medical imaging techniques. You study in the John Mallard PET Centre and radiotherapy centre with renowned researchers globally
- The teaching hospital is home to the latest medical technology including a new PET-CT scanner, radiotherapy centre, 3T and 1.5T MRI scanners all used during your studies.
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 437096