View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
The joint programme in International Relations and Law at Aberdeen is an innovative programme offering anyone seeking a career in governmental institutions, international organisations and international non-governmental organisations the opportunity to advance your understanding of law and politics in the international arena.
You combine courses in the theory and practice of international relations, security, human rights, and the use of force in International Law taught by a globally distinguished faculty, the programme offers a unique perspective on a range of contemporary issues related to the transformed nature of global governance in the context of international politics and law.
Courses include:Theories and Concepts in International Relations, International Law, Critical Legal Thinking and Scholarship, Latin Amercia Security Conditions and Challenges, Global Security Issues, Terrorism and Counter Terrorism, International Human Rights Law, The Use of Force in International Law, International Humanitarian Law and your Dissertation. (some courses are optional)
- View all course modules
Industry Links and Careers
You get many opportunities to enhance your employability. Career opportunities include: Foreign Office Diplomat, Government Official, International Consultant, International Non-Governmental Officer, Postgraduate Resarcher and positions within business and other organisations reliant on international relationships.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- Law has been taught at Aberdeen since the Middle Ages and the Law School is now ranked 10th in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2018) and it is ranked in the top 5 for graduate prospects.
- There are opportunities to be involved in the many public facing projects the Law School run such as Lawyers Without Borders, Casus Omissus, Aberdeen Law Project and others
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
Information for international students
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Office
- +44(0)1224 272762