View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
This is a very useful and highly regarded programme which feeds into our constant need to keep energy flowing across the supply chain and ensure a degree of certainty in operations across the world.
MSc Strategic Studies and Energy Security specifically looks at risks involved in the energy industry, its production and viability at times of conflict, price issues and its reliability. You study strategic theory, energy politics, global security, international energy security, strategic theory, energy politics, global security issues, and international energy security.
Courses include: Strategic Theory, Energy Politics, Introduction to Energy Economics, Global Security Issues, International Energy Security, and your Dissertation.
- View all course modules
The University is well connected to the energy industry which operates out of the city. Many FTSE 100 companies are located in Aberdeen and run their operations from the city internationally. Energy companies are also served by niche service and product companies to support the supply of oil and gas specifically. There is a need for highly qualified professionals within both vocational and business management areas of the industry.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You benefit from two complementary subject areas which provide a strength of knowledge when combined to address energy security issues. Your pogramme comes from research, collaboration and industy needs which have been assessed across the entire energy supply chain. Aberdeen City is a major world hub for the oil and gas industry and the University has been learning from it since the 1970s oil boom.
- Many lessons have been learned from the energy industry in terms of strategic issues which have provided a valuable point of learning for other industries.
- Start Date – September, January
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272762