View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
A highly regarded programme which gives you two complementary perspectives on managing risks across international business, government areas and intertsate issues. You also understand the legal perspetives around any risks, use of force and power exerted which affects security and objectives to be able to anlyse your position and work out how best to manage it.
The programme combines theory and practice and uses of power and force by states to achieve national and international security objectives with an appreciation of the development and implementation of international law as an attempt to limit violence.
This programme is particularly suitable for graduates of Law, International Relations, Politics and cognate disciplines such as History, Geography and Economics, and those with relevant professional experience.
Courses include: Strategic Theory, International Law, Critical Legal Thinking, Latin America: Security Conditions and Challenges, Global Security Issues, Terrorism and Counter Terrorism, The Use of Force in International Law, International Humanitarian Law and your Dissertation. (Some of these courses are optional)
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- As a University we are located in the city of energy in Aberdeen and we collaborate and learn across the entire supply chain to provide relevant degrees. You are taught Law by the highly respected School of Law which is ranked 10th in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2018)
- You develop the capability to analyse and research situations, interpresting legal frameworks and diplomatic and strategic frameworks to decide how to deal with a specific scenario as it occurs and may be able to pre-empt some situations.
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Office
- +44(0)1224 272762