View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
If you want to develop an advanced understanding of globalisation this programme will support a strong level of knowledge, research and theory. It is widely regarded as one of most important societal transformations of our time, one that is affecting people living all around the world. The core module employs interdisciplinary perspectives and a range of social science methods to analyse the economic, political, social, and cultural effects of globalization.
Courses include: Advanced Social Theory, Qualitative Sociology - Philosophical Methods, Dimensions of Globalisation, Religious Belief and Practice in the Modern World, Quantitative Sociology - Philosophy and Methods, The Comparative Study of European Societies, Post-Conflict Justice and Peacebuilding, Global Conflict and Peace Processes and your Dissertation (some courses optional)
- View all course modules
Industry Links and Careers
You can go into an academic career, research within policy at government and local goverment level, Journalism, Politics, Publishing, Teaching, Business and Academia
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You get continuous assessment whilst you learn with strong independent research skills.
- You study in a cosmopolitan city which offers you a range of activities both in the city and shire, including outdoor sports and events. The city is also home to the world energy industry.
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272762