View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
Sociology can overlap with related disciplines such as Politics, International Relations, Anthropology, Economics, History, Human Geography and Psychology. This gives the subject a broad focus and research can then specialise in specific areas. You can either take this degree to follow on from a background in Sociology or as a conversion degree within Sociology.
You learn theoretical and methodological issues in sociology approaches to research, implications for social policy and social change. ability to think theoretically and critically about the key issues facing contemporary society, life‐long learning and intellectual development; the ability to undertake independent social scientific research.
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- You are taught by researchers with teaching quality judged as 'Excellent'
- You learn with an international cohort in a cosmopolitan city which offers intimate city life and wide ranging activities.
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272762