View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
The distance learning programme in Finance allows you to study whilst you work to enable you to gain academic, professional and business knowledge. You can also work towards a professional Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification whilst you study. You get excellent support from the Business School and invaluable insights from employers and business professionals.
With Pathway 1 you gain a CFA 1 and 2 and either a 30 or 45 credit bearing project. Courses for Pathway 1 include: Accounting for Finance, Corporate Finance, Economics for Finance, Quantitative Methods for Finance, Financial Analysis, Financial Markets and Products, Professional Finance- CFA Level 1, Portfolio Analysis, Professional Finance -CFA Level 2, Corporate Governance and Ethics, Finance Dissertation.
With Pathway 2 courses include: Accounting for Finance, Corporate Finance, Economics for Finance, Quantitative Methods for Finance, Financial Analysis, Financial Markets and Products, Finance Dissertation, Portfolio Analysis, Corporate Goveranance and Ethics, Finance Dissertation.
Industry Links and Careers
You benefit from Fitch Learning training for the CFA preparation part of your studies. The CFA gives you solid grounding in portfolio management and investment analysis. Aberdeen is known for the skills and knowledge that graduates of Finance receive. Finance careers can be very lucrative and take you in different directions within accountancy and finance, investments, insurance, risk management and so on globally.
- View all course modules
- You learn online in a bespoke study environment so you can study while you work from anywhere in the world. You learn from technology used by blue-chip employers of all sizes and areas of business
- University of Aberdeen Business School is known for its international outliook, based in a cosmopolitan 'Energy Capital.' Finance, Real Estate and Investment Management have been taught by the University for a considerable time. Graduates are very employable and able to work anywhere in the world.
- Start Date – July, January
- Delivery – Campus, Online, Blended
- Study Options – Full Time, Part Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- English Language for your programme
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
- View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 515270