The information below is provided as a guide only and does not guarantee entry to the University of Aberdeen.
The minimum entry requirements for this programme is a degree at 2:1 (upper second class) UK Honours level (or a degree from a non-UK institution which is judged by the University to be of equivalent worth).
Months of entry
The Oil and Gas industry offers some of the most complex but required regulation across the supply chain. It also requires knowledge of risk and financial markets, global crude oil and ability to analyse economic uncertainty, licensing, taxation and contracts. University of Aberdeen offers strength in knowledge collated since the 1970s across the supply chain in the energy industry located in the city. This research and collaboration has ensured that all key subject areas are closely aligned to current and future needs in the industry and professional qualifications provide rigour and an edge due to location and collaboration. You are taught by the Schools of Law and Business, both highly regarded with known Professors able to take you through all of the essential knowledge and analysis you will need.
This is a cosmopolitan city of global oil and gas professionals you also mix with international students who are either studying full time from other energy hubs or studying part time and located in the city. You acquire essential technical and regulatory knowledge and abilty to challenge and analyse from information provided. The programme is backed by the Aberdeen Institute of Energy and you are taught by Professor Alex Kemp OBE.
Industry Links and Careers
This programme is highly relevant to the current and changing needs of the industry. The University has close ties to the oil and gas industry in the city working with known multnationals and FTSE 100 companies. Find out more about the businesses we work with in and around Aberdeen. You build your expertise and contacts to work in the city or within international finance, investments, banking, and other areas. You could work as: Commercial Advisor, Energy and Business Consultant, Investment Analyst, Market Analyst, Oil and Gas Associate, Project Manager and much more. Economics and regulatory and legal skills are an asset to many businesses.
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- We are located on the doorstep of the energy industry and Aberdeen is considered to be one the major hubs for the industry. You can attend industry events, networks and on campus events and conferences to add value to your programme and support networking.
- You are taught by academics from the Business School ranked Top 3 internationally for Business and Management Studies (REF 2014), Aberdeen Centre for Research in Energy Economics and Finance (ACREEF) and Aberden University Centre for Energy Law (AUCEL) all highly specialised research centres at the heart of the industry.
See Our Facilities
University of Aberdeen Business School
- Tour the Business School
Information for international students
- View international support and events near you
- Find out about English Language requirements
- See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
Sign up for an open day or visit.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Officer
- 01224 273235