You should have a Bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:2 or above.
Ideally, you should have an undergraduate degree in an engineering or management discipline, but other subjects will be considered.
We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
Months of entry
January, May, September
Advance as a leader in engineering management
The Engineering Business Management online MSc from the University of Bath offers you an outstanding education that combines expertise from both the engineering and management disciplines — no prior experience is needed to apply. You'll explore engineering processes and gain the leadership skills needed to advance in several types of management careers. You can complete the entire course, plus an engineering project, in just over two years.
This course combines the academic excellence and industrial networks from the Faculty of Engineering & Design and the EQUIS– and AMBA-accredited School of Management. Expert lecturers and industry speakers who have real-world experience will help you think systematically as you incorporate psychological, social, economic, and political factors into your decision-making. This insight, underpinned by academic principles, fully prepares you for the next stage in your career.
- Voted University of the Year 2023, and ranked top 5 in mechanical engineering by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023*
- Ranked 2nd in mechanical engineering by the Guardian University Guide 2023*
- Ranked 3rd in Business and Management Studies by The Complete University Guide 2024*
In just over two years, you can complete the Engineering Business Management online MSc and employ leadership and professional skills for the effective management of engineering business projects, teams, and organisations. You will add to your management skillset so you could advance in engineering, business, operations, the supply chain, and project management in your relevant engineering environment or industry.
Explore the curriculum
The Engineering Business Management online MSc curriculum includes 12 units, plus a final Engineering Management based project, for a total of 180 credits. In each unit, you’ll engage with technology as you learn to lead businesses and organisations within the engineering and technology industries.
- Leadership and Professional Skills (10 credits)
- Making Business Decisions (10 credits)
- Research Skills for Engineering Management (10 credits)
- Management Practises for Engineering (10 credits)
- Project Management (10 credits)
- Engineering Management for Sustainable Value (10 credits)
- Organisational Change Management (10 credits)
- Commercialisation of New Technology (10 credits)
- Operations Management (10 credits)
- Developing and Manufacturing Products and Services (10 credits)
- Supply Chain Management (10 credits)
- Strategic Management of Product and Service Development (10 credits
- Engineering Project (60 credits)
Interactive online learning
Wherever you choose to study, you’ll always be engaged with the content, your lecturers, and your fellow students. You'll benefit from:
- Engaging video material
- Real-life case studies
- Digital resources to support your studies and develop your career
What our students say
"After graduating, I’ve started as a project manager in a mid-sized company in West Germany in the Special Mission Aircraft Department. What I do is coordinate, manage, monitor, and communicate as an interface between our technicians, our suppliers, as well as our developers and also the customers."
Carl-Philipp Riehle, Campus MSc Engineering Business Management graduate
What will you learn?
You will learn to:
- Develop and execute plans to initiate and manage engineering and technology projects
- Apply key managerial tools and theories to real-life engineering and technology management challenges
- Evaluate the role of sustainable practice in engineering and technology-based organisations
- Employ leadership and professional skills for the effective management of engineering business projects, teams, and organisations
- Lead and participate in product and service development teams
- Critically evaluate product and service development approaches considering an organisation’s innovation strategy
- Assess the role of operations and supply chains in managing engineering organisations
The fully online master’s course in engineering business management from the University of Bath prepares you to take advantage of these opportunities. Apply your skills to many roles including:
- Industrial engineering technician
- Engineering manager
- Operations manager
- Product development engineer
- Supply chain manager
- Manufacturing engineer
Information for international students
If your first language is not English you will need IELTS with a grade of at least 6.5 overall and no less than 6.0 in any of the four parts (listening, reading, writing and speaking). If you completed your degree in the UK within the last 2 years prior to the start of the course, you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- flexible27+ months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Online Admissions Team