You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
To apply for this course you may have an undergraduate degree in any subject.
We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
Months of entry
This course provides you with training that will prepare you for doctoral-level work, and provides a stand-alone qualification in social science research.
The Master of Research is a faculty-wide, cross-disciplinary research training course with an education strand. It provides high-quality training to potential doctoral students as well as a stand-alone qualification for social science researchers.
You will also spend a short period of time shadowing an experienced researcher.
The course aims to:
- teach you to systematically review alternative approaches, methodologies and paradigms of research in social and educational enquiry
- enable you to critically evaluate the application of these approaches in the specific areas of social and educational enquiry in which you specialise
- support you within an active research community, in identifying and investigating your own original research questions
- equip you with the skills to contribute to research projects using any of the main methodologies of the social sciences
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Taught Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1225 385 115