Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Months of entry
Developed in consultation with industry experts, this course is aimed at students with a background in chemistry, biosciences, pharmacy or pharmacology who are looking to move into the exciting field of drug development.
You will become familiar with a range of concepts and research techniques in drug discovery including target identification and validation, screening platforms, optimisation of small molecule drugs and biotherapeutics, and the importance of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
Depending on your undergraduate degree, you will also follow either a biology or chemistry training track alongside your drug discovery studies. This will enable you to gain a strong background in both disciplines, strengthening your subject-related and practical skills appropriate to your career aspirations.
As a Drug Discovery graduate, you’ll be well equipped for a career in the pharmaceutical industry or for further postgraduate study and research in medicinal chemistry, biomedical sciences and pharmacology. Recent graduates are working in a range of companies as research scientists, as well as in roles such as process chemist, bioanalytical scientist, and Regulatory Affairs Officer.
- Study at a Top 10 University, on a course developed in consultation with industry experts to ensure you graduate with the specific science skills sought after by the pharmaceutical industry.
- Benefit from the expertise of leading academics from both the Department of Pharmacy & Pharmacology and the Department of Chemistry, ensuring your teaching covers the latest developments in these fields.
- The opportunity to study optional units tailored to your specific areas of interest.
- A dedicated Personal Tutor who you can go to for academic and non-academic support
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1225 385115